On behalf of your host, the Canadian Aeronautics and Space Institute and the Organizing Committee, we are pleased to extend to you a warm invitation to join us in Vancouver in October 2004.
Vancouver is an exuberant, youthful city located on the Canadian west coast and surrounded by natural beauty. Nestled between the Pacific Ocean and towering green mountains, Vancouver offers a very distinct cosmopolitan flavour and a variety of experiences to suit any taste.
Canada is very proud to host the world space community in October 2004. From coast to coast, members of our vibrant domestic industry will assemble to welcome you to this prestigious event. Get ready for west coast casual living, where Sea to Sky is a way of life. Between the naturally spectacular setting of Vancouver, the convenience of the downtown Congress location, and an exciting agenda, we have assembled all the ingredients for a successful, enjoyable world-class event.
We look forward to seeing you in Vancouver, Canada in October 2004!
Before or after the Conference, explore some of the many possibilities for adventure around Greater Vancouver and British Columbia. Here’s a sampling of ideas to whet your appetite:
• Greater Vancouver has over 45 golf courses
• Until early October, cruise ships depart Vancouver Harbour daily for Alaska
• Whistler has been voted the Number One ski resort in North America seven years in a row and is currently bidding for the 2010 Winter Olympics
• The Thompson-Okanagan region holds its famous fall wine festival in October celebrating the harvest season. Okanagan Ice wine is a rare jewel, and one of the finest dessert wines in the world.
• A passenger train runs from Vancouver to Banff and Jasper, Alberta winding its way across the high Interior Plateau of British Columbia toward the majestic Canadian Rockies
• An Alaska cruise departing from Vancouver harbour
For a chronological order of all tours, click here.
- Vancouver City Tour
- Capilano Suspension Bridge & Grouse Mountain Tour
- Winery Tour with Lunch
- Rainforest Walk at Lighthouse Park
- Whistler Day Trip
- Victoria Day Trip
- Sunset Dinner Cruise
- First Nations Cultural Tour
- TRIUMF Tour
- MacDonald Dettwiler
- Ballard Power System
- UBC Liquid Mirror Telescope
Pre & Post Congress Tours
- Victoria Getaway
- Whistler Getaway
- Rocky Mountaineer Rail Tour
- Alaskan Cruise