Before or after the Conference, explore some of the many possibilities for adventure around Greater Vancouver and British Columbia. Here’s a sampling of ideas to whet your appetite:
• Greater Vancouver has over 45 golf courses
• Until early October, cruise ships depart Vancouver Harbour daily for Alaska
• Whistler has been voted the Number One ski resort in North America seven years in a row and is currently bidding for the 2010 Winter Olympics
• The Thompson-Okanagan region holds its famous fall wine festival in October celebrating the harvest season. Okanagan Ice wine is a rare jewel, and one of the finest dessert wines in the world.
• A passenger train runs from Vancouver to Banff and Jasper, Alberta winding its way across the high Interior Plateau of British Columbia toward the majestic Canadian Rockies
• An Alaska cruise departing from Vancouver harbour